Saturday 16 July 2011

Getting started

I am pretty clueless when it comes to talking about football. I have been watching the game at grass roots level for 20 years, without picking up much grasp of tactics. However, I have always enjoyed the atmosphere, and the people you meet around the game.

A few years ago, I found I had a bit of a knack for taking pictures, starting out with a small compact camera taking a few snaps for a couple of fellow supporters, later getting a SLR, and adding a couple of lenses. I also started posting a link on the forum for Prescot Cables, of the EvoStik League, and now take many of the website photos for the club.

Professional clubs have their photographers on hand, taking pictures for programmes, websites, promotional materials, and will have the press too. At EvoStik / Ryman level and below, like all the other tasks in running the club and getting games played every week, it falls to the volunteers. This blog is for people like me, regular supporters of their clubs, with a camera to hand, and for those who look at the photos on their club's forum and website, and wonder what goes into creating them. It is a few tips and tricks I have picked up along the way, and a few observations as I travel around.

No comments:

Post a Comment