Tuesday 12 June 2012

Into the Permafrost

This blog likes to follow the progress of people with whom I have been watching sport, or who I have watched playing. So, I was pleased to hear the news from Banstead Athletic of the Cherry Red Records Combined Counties League that they had appointed Andrew Tucker as their new Manager.

I have known Andy as a Dulwich Hamlet supporter for many years. He has been pursuing a career in coaching, most recently at Croydon FC, and scouting for the Charlton Athletic Academy, and this is his first appointment in senior management. He has also found time to continue to turn out for the Dulwich Hamlet Supporters' team, which is how he comes to feature in these pages.
Andrew Tucker, playing for Dulwich Hamlet Supporters against Worthing Supporters
Banstead play in Tadworth, above the Epsom Downs, which has a reputation for being colder than the surrounding area, and has the nickname amongst visiting supporters of Ice Station Banstead. From experience of my school cross country course on the North Downs a few miles away in Oxted, this is probably deserved. This blog therefore wishes Andy well in his new appointment, and hopes Banstead supply their manager with a warm coat.

I would like to say I will get along to a game to take some pictures of the team - as that would need me to be in Surrey and a game not clashing with a Dulwich Hamlet fixture, I shall not promise anything, but you never know how postponements might pan out in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment