Tuesday 16 August 2016

300 up

I noticed last week that I have now accumulated 300 posts in these pages, which I did not have in mind when I thought of sharing photo tips in 2011. I spotted this preparing a post on my visit to Cammell Laird last week, but I decided to combine the anniversary post with the first game of Prescot Cables' regular season, so the Cammel Laird post will follow this.

Prescot were entertaining Ossett Town. In the corresponding fixture last season we faced a visiting team needing points, whereas we were safe, and superior motivation won. Having a good start to competitive action (technically last season's action), with a big win in the Liverpool Senior Cup semi final, and a good display against a strong Everton side in the well attended final, we were keen to continue.

Both sides were quick to get a grip on the game, and in some cases on each other.
We had the better of the first few minutes, but fell away after having a goal disallowed for offside. I moved from behind the goal to the Gasworks Side for a few minutes. From here, I was able to see the first goal, as we came back into the game, a penalty from Rob Doran after James Edgar had been brought down just inside the area.
Rob Doran takes the penalty ...
... and Robbie the coach driver watches it go in.
Dr Tony and his father Ronnie brought their flag to indicate to our Yorkshire visitors where they were (observing historic county boundaries), and indicating that real ale was available, although their home county is not too shabby in that department. The flag also promotes the Augustus John, a pub on the University Precinct (a designation that went the way of the Convocation life membership I paid for when I graduated), a recruiting ground for Cables support for 25 years.
Dominic Marie
James Edgar scored our second goal. Dr Phil, who looks after the Facebook page, wondered if I get many pictures of goal celebrations. I had to admit I do not, as I am often looking to see if I got the goal. However, I was able to oblige on this occasion.
Amongst our new sponsors is Rogues & Rascals Barbershop, sponsoring a Man of the Match award. The first winner was Joe Herbert.
Joe Herbert
I have been working on getting the image from the presentation out before I get home, so the sponsors can use it straight away, although perhaps not within Getty Images' 180 seconds. I invested in a decent (or at least bigger, and a LOT cheaper than a proper Nikon), flash unit, and am experimenting with the tools available to crop the image. As I looked at the image that had gone from website to Facebook page, annihilating pixels as it went, I decided there is some way to go on the latter. Here is how it looks when I have had chance to process it on the computer.
The rest of the pictures from the game can be seen on the club website here, and on Google Photos here.

Final score: Prescot Cables 2 (Doran pen, Edgar) Ossett Town 0

No comments:

Post a Comment